“Take us to court” Benidorm police tell family of missing man Philip Pearce over CCTV of last sighting
BENIDORM police have told the son of missing man Philip Pearce to ‘take us to court’ over CCTV images confirming his last-ever sighting.
The shock request came during a Q&A session between staff at the British Consulate and Benidorm Policía Nacional last Wednesday, November 13, according to documents seen by Benidorm Reviews.
Police were told Mr Pearce’s sons ‘deserve’ to see the last known images of their father, age 68, as he left Benidorm’s Policía Nacional station in the old town on Tuesday, September 10 – over two months ago.
Philip is understood to have been sent to the station in a taxi at 12.15am after he was found ‘confused and disorientated’ in the Playa Levante area while on a short break from his home in Bridgewater.
We Are Benidorm’s Number One Review Site
– We are: Benidorm Reviews.com
Documents confirm that Philip ‘did not remember where he was staying’ nor even ‘where he lives in the UK’ when asked by police.
But despite his mental state suggesting signs of dementia, police confirmed they let Philip leave the station at 3.01am – though they refuse to reveal CCTV footage that could yield vital traces of the missing man’s whereabouts.
“The family can make a request to the Court of Instruction number 2 in Benidorm,” is all the police spokesperson responded to these vital questions.
“Just to see an image of my own dad, I have to go to court – it’s ridiculous, it’s mad,” Lee, 41, told Benidorm Reviews from Bridgewater.
“I don’t believe a word they say until I see those photographs.
“It really can’t take that long – they’re just pictures. They might think I’m arrogant, but I want answers, and I’m entitled to answers, because it’s my loved one they are supposed to be looking out for.”
READ OUR FULL MISSING PERSONS POST HERE
Lee said he has already spent on £1,000 on specialist lawyers in London and plans ‘110%’ to see the pictures in his hands.
But the images were not the only irregularities in this heart-wrenching search for answers about Philip – who has two grandchildren and three great-grandchildren waiting in the UK waiting for him to come home.
The Q&A document revealed Benidorm Police have conducted no ‘ground searches’ for the man now missing for over two months.
When asked what they have done so far to look, police responded that ‘drones’ had searched the surrounding area while a helicopter was scrambled to search ‘ravines and coves’
“We’ve got nothing. We are still none the wiser now than day one,” Lee told Benidorm Reviews.
“I really don’t know anymore; I’ve asked all the questions and it feels like all you get is push backs and lies.
“If it wasn’t for the people at Benidorm Facebook group, Alicante Transfers and well-wishers in Benidorm I really don’t know what I would do.”
Lee has now made a Freedom of Information request to the UK’s Foreign & Commonwealth Office to request the precise emails back and forth between London and the British Consulate in Alicante.
According to the Q&A session last week, Benidorm police phoned the London office at midnight when Philip arrived at the station, and that Philip spoke to a duty officer.
Had a request been submitted that police look after Philip until the next morning, Lee believes his father would never have been let go.
However, he claims the FCO are now denying anyone even picked up the phone in London at the time Benidorm police said they called.
“It’s all mind blowing, but I’m not going to give up until I find all the answers about my dad and where he is,” Lee told Benidorm Reviews.
Policia Nacional declined to respond to Benidorm Reviews’ questions.
Subscribe To The Latest Benidorm News & Reviews
Direct From Benidorm Reviews.com
READ MORE LATEST BENIDORM NEWS & REVIEWS HERE
LOOKING FORWARD TO THE 2020 FIESTAS? SEE THE FULL SCHEDULE HERE
BENIDORM LIVE WEATHER HERE